Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude – Ralph Marston
If I don’t know how to do it I can soon learn as I’m an ideopraxist*. However, my portfolio of skills enables me to get hands-on with anything from typography, retouching, page-layout, video and audio editing, wordpress, html5 animation, compositing and basic 3D. It helps to know what’s achievable with software when running and managing teams or projects in and out of house. I know the difference between a key-frame and window-frame, Internet Protocol and Intellectual Property.
Oh, and the percentages are just for fun. My skill-level runs at advanced for most software.
* Ideopraxist: n. one who is impelled to act by the force of an idea; one who devotes their energies to the carrying out of an idea.
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects 93%
- Video Editing – Final Cut Pro 85%
- Digital Online: HTML5 Animation 74%
- Digital Online: WordPress 84%
- Basic 3D: Boxshot, Cheetah 67%
- Social Media: Facebook & Twitter 84%
- Intellectual Property: Rights Management, Licensing, Copyright, Trademarks 89%
- Retouching 91%
- Photography & Scanning 78%
- Sourcing & Manufacturing 86%
- CRM – MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, etc 83%
- Office Tools: Word, Powerpoint, Excel (and Photocopier) 94%
- Mac OS 97%